Monday 14 August 2017

Brave

                                           Image source pinterest
      I was amused when Fred finished his story, He said he saw her in his dream "I was under the rain with her and I held the umbrella, and all of a sudden I saw both of us in a church and I was saying I do." I was not amused because It was really funny but this was not the first time Fred woke me up to tell me about his incredible dreams. He once told me that he gave Sonia an apple in a dream and another day he said he caughtFiona before she could reach the ground after she fell from a four-storied building. "Fred look, let me advice you it is about time you start dreaming about mathematical models and equations rather than waste you entire time on these illusions." I was talking to Fred. He told me that what he saw in these dreams looked like revelations and that I should not call them Illusion, but I knew this could be normal going by the rules of behaviour and Fred was being deceived by his own self. "How would God show you three different people in three consecutive days? How Fred? "You see you can not understand this simple mathematical inference what it means is plan A and then plan B and em----name it! I understand spiritual logic Mike and that is why I am telling  you this is real--QED." I did not reply. I thought of a good plan he was really going to prove this.
      Dr. Rory Left the lecture hall that day, and left us like he would always do with a mathematical problem the solution to which anyone of us  was sure to only know in his next lecture. Nobody dared him, he was a really stout mathematician. Lucy was the intelligent, spirited and most beautiful girl in our class at the same time, and no guy had the guts to stand before such a most carefully formed work of art to say crazy things. I even learned that she was a devout christian. I however encouraged Fred by first agreeing with him. I told him "Fred you see, your dream might really be a sign, but you know one more thing about the spirit?" He said "No" Then I told him that it corresponds and what this meant was that if his dream was truly inspired, he could surprise himself by walking up to Lucy and telling her about his dream. He agreed and said "Cool, you are such a guy!".
     The drama that ensued when we got to Lucy's sit was as interesting as it was funny. I struggled to hold myself together. Fred said "Lucy" and as she turned to listen, I could not understand the expression on Fred's face he looked like he would cry and after some minutes of stuttering, he said he would like the both of them to attempt Dr. Rory's question together. This time I could not help it, I started laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Empty Tomb

I was a devout Catholic. I learnt how to say the Pieta and all the prayers in the holy prayer book at catechism class. By the time I was t...