Thursday 24 August 2017

Strong

                                          Image sourceFemale fitness motivation
      Power was not in a person's biceps or triceps it was not in the physical. Ingenuity was out of place at least for this case no! The real power was stronger than clever, and I remembered the phrase "without the use of force," and I believed this was closer to what power meant--power was weak.

     I started to see things differently and so I did what the typical me would normally do; I began a conversation with Tara. "Something happened today and I started to have a second thought about girls--the number of which I cannot say," I said. " And what exactly is that?" Tara replied. "Jim gave her all the money he had on him, and then he came to ask me if we could share lunch t." "You are joking" Tara retorted. "No, I am not. You see that is the more reason I started this discussion because you, being a girl should be able to get your head around this craze of a thing. Look it is not only Jim I think it is all of us--guys, men, none exempted. The other day I was standing by the road, myself and some other men, they all stood like me separated from each and anyone knew at once that they were expecting to hitchhike. Many empty cars but for their drivers sped past and they seemed to accelerate as soon as they got close. Their hissing sounds of disappointment could be heard after two and thirty minutes of standing. What happened then was somewhat surprising. A girl about my age but pretty tall walked towards us with her luggage, and as if planned, for the first time since the morning, a  fine Mercedes-Benz with an embonpoint man inside stopped, wound down and started a hearty conversation after a cheerful hello! and that was all. He came out from his car, fit the luggage perfectly into his boot and after letting the girl in, sped off leaving our expectation badly chattered in the fuzzy whiffs of dust." "That was bad anyway Tara said. "So you get my point. The other day Emma rented a TV set bought drinks and prepared fried rice, a  meal he had not eaten since the past Christmas celebration for Vera. We banged his door for minutes on end  when we sensed the aroma, but he would not open." Funny Tara punctuated. "And guess what happened, she did not show up and the fun was, even more, when he came to call us confessing the truth. You need to hear the derisive statements. They said he was jinxed." Hahaha, Tara was laughing and then she said "You are too funny" "Look it seems being a man makes life more difficult, men had to be better. If you cry, they say you are a woman and if you would marry a woman,
she has to be below your status to match. In fact, this inequity works in your advantage. For if I had asked Emma to prepare fried rice he would laugh at my stupidity." "Look," said Tara "It is a way of compensating for the strength we females lack so be proud of being the stronger vessel," I thought of it, I loved being male but the female we call weak seems more powerful.

1 comment:

  1. There you go. Your writing ingenuity will soon be acknowledged by the whole world.

    ReplyDelete

An Empty Tomb

I was a devout Catholic. I learnt how to say the Pieta and all the prayers in the holy prayer book at catechism class. By the time I was t...