Thursday 10 August 2017

Befuddled

                                               Image sourceMustbethistalltoride
     "There has to be a reason for every thing we do this is what in someways makes us fit into being normal; people do not just do anything, there is always a "why?" but if we decide to judge, we may not be correct. Many things mean differently and yet acceptance of one followed by a denial of the other would not follow; and our necessary why would continue like forever." Susan  said. She had asked me  if I felt there could be a just nice guy who would walk up to you and say "let's just be
friends and then become unnecessarily kind without advances." My reply was that there are indeed gentlemen who can; and then I got her started. For me, being kind or nice is something that can be for the sake of it. After all, we are all benefactors and recipients of some unreasonable deal of good from providence. "That applies to spirits and not humans especially in our immediate environment, gentlemen of such caliber are almost unheard of. They are nice today and then tomorrow they start to tell you--there is something they would like to tell you. And every girl knows right away where he is headed." She returned. I understood her point but there were more questions I wanted her to answer or rather discuss. Was love different from like and lust? and if yes, are there really differences in the way they occur or are felt? Is love real? I uttered my thought and allowed her respond because I started to realize that if love was just unconditional, a few persons know how it felt.
     Susan was witty. "It had to start from somewhere, like to love is the most common but "lust" seem to have it own premise and that was why it failed very often. Paying my bills and doing too much does not translate to love in its real sense, but then if all these are offered, thinking becomes difficult." She ended. I tittered. "You mean love may find it difficult to exist in poverty? and broke guys may not really comprehend the meaning of love?" "Mark its okay lest talk of something else" she replied. I knew too many things would get into this, and beautiful Susan sounded like many girls." Think of it; penury can make you hate yourself and then it might be right to say a man can be too poor to afford love. There is no point talking about expression because sacrifice a thing for spirits." I was still talking but I had to stop because it was not going to end.

2 comments:

An Empty Tomb

I was a devout Catholic. I learnt how to say the Pieta and all the prayers in the holy prayer book at catechism class. By the time I was t...