Wednesday 2 August 2017

Naive

     I was from a home like every other person at school, but mine was different because I had no class. I could be poor today and rich tomorrow it depended on how much my parent sold. I behaved in that way too--as though I have today and then am broke tomorrow. I was a typical classless guy because whether I liked it or not class had to exist and people had to belong to them willy-nilly too. Class must have been the reason why that girl looked at me the other day and simpered. I had to look at myself to see why she did that but I knew the reason already something was really wrong. Looks
was something I assumed did not matter for intelligent people, so being simple was for me an omen of intelligence but my simplicity was a bit complicated and maybe so elementary that it became somewhat haggard.Uncanny was another word for me and my ecstacy was not unfounded. Being from my home, you had to be odd not even, because even easily fits in, is easily influenced in a bad way...the list was just endless and full of wrongs and not a single right. My parents wanted the best for me but I would not develop properly. There was no reason why I should or I should not do anything except that Mum or Dad said so which still left many questions unanswered.
     That day when she said "Tive how are you today" I disappeared for a moment. She smiled and so many things were wrong with me in a jiffy. Her teeth was white and the shape of her smile made her too close--way too close. I was smiling back, that was my intention  but her's became a surprise, she turned, and this was my fault not because I hated people's  warm expression but because I had not learned how to handle it from the worse of strangers to me--a girl this pretty. It could also be because I  just thought why? But there was no doubt she was beautiful.
      During sophomore year, I started to change. Our psychology Lecturer Dr. Ken as he was called made it all the more interesting. I found it difficult to fit Dr. Ken into the class of fathers by his demeanor. He taught us  about the importance of connections in our everyday life, asked us not to fail to express whatever our feelings was no matter how eerie we thought it was provided it made us better, but gave us a condition of the best possible way which he described as the most harmless. I enjoyed his class and always wanted him to continue even after he was over. As I read through his texts I discovered a whole lot of things that I would have benefited from before now. I realized quickly that openness and sociability did not translate to being shallow and that my way of thinking was fraught with a good deal of nothing. For example dressing did not affect intelligence and friendship and being nice to the opposite sex must not always end in an affair. I at once cultivated this habit that would help me latter. After our Logic class, I went to Jane smiled and said "Hi pretty can I buy you something?" I was awed by her response.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Empty Tomb

I was a devout Catholic. I learnt how to say the Pieta and all the prayers in the holy prayer book at catechism class. By the time I was t...